Voter Registration, Vote-by-Mail Deadlines Approaching
Don’t forget these important dates! Make your voice heard by voting in the 2012 Presidential Election.
|October 22, 2012||Voter registration postmark date or to register online|
|October 30, 2012||Requests to vote-by-mail must be received|
|November 6, 2012||Election Day|
- Visit www.sos.ca.gov/elections & register online with California’s new system. You will need your driver’s license number or California ID in order to complete the form electronically.
- Complete a voter registration card, drop it in the mailbox or return to your local county’s elections office.
I just moved; do I need to re-register?
Yes, you most certainly do! You must re-register if you move to a new permanent residence, change your name and/or change your political party choice. The process to re-register is the same as registering as a new voter.
How do I vote by mail (often referred as absentee voting)?
- If you’re a new voter or re-registering, you will be asked whether you’d like to receive your ballot in the mail.
- If you’re already registered, visit www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_m.htm and print out the California Vote-by-Mail Application or apply at your county elections office.
*Health Center Spotlights*
Health centers are actively promoting this year’s election by registering staff and patients on site, providing voter registration forms and education materials, and mobilizing Get-Out-The-Vote efforts!
- Native American Health Center registered over 75 community members in just one week during Native Vote Action Week at sites in Oakland, Richmond, and San Francisco and also outreached in Sacramento during California Native American Day.
- Tri-City Health Center has registered a total 114 voters so far! Their advocacy intern, Joan Torres, registered community members at Fremont Library on National Voter Registration Day and committed 2 hours a day, 3 days a week to register patients in waiting rooms.
For more information, please contact Khae Saetern, Policy & Planning Project Coordinator at the Alameda Health Consortium at firstname.lastname@example.org