The Alameda Health Consortium is the regional association of community health centers that work together and support the involvement of our communities in achieving comprehensive, accessible health care and improved outcomes for everyone in Alameda County, California.
- All people have the right to accessible and affordable high quality health care that prevents illness, promotes wellness, and is sensitive to the unique needs of particular communities and cultures.
- The barriers that prevent people from seeking care must be eliminated.
- Individuals and families must be empowered to participate in their own health care.
- Low-income and underserved people play an important role in the formation of health policy at the local, state, and national level.
- Building consensus and coalitions around important health issues leads to innovative solutions.
- Providing quality health care improves the well-being of our communities.
- Racial and ethnic health disparities must be eliminated in order to have healthy communities.