Watch to see how La Clincia responded to COVID-19 in a neighborhood with the highest pandemic rates.
The mission of La Clínica is to improve the quality of life of the diverse communities we serve by providing culturally appropriate, high-quality, and accessible health care for all.
- One of the largest community- based clinic providers in the East Bay One of the largest employers in Oakland’s Fruitvale District with 475 employees and five sites throughout Oakland
- Employs 16 FTE Board eligible/ certified primary care physicians
- Twenty-four hour trilingual (Spanish, Cantonese, and English) after-hours answering service and provider on-call system
- Two WIC program sites Sole provider of medical services for the indigent and uninsured residents of Eastern Alameda County
Clinical Services Highlights
- Perinatal and pediatric program: delivers 50-55 healthy babies per month (502 in 2001) and serves 12,000 children and youth annually
- Prenatal care: 12,262 prenatal care visits with 66 percent of pregnant women beginning prenatal care in their first trimester resulting in less than 5 percent of infants delivered with low birth rates
- Teen clinic: Clínica Alta Vista is a comprehensive one-stop health care clinic for teens
- Mental health services: Casa del Sol is the only licensed out-patient mental health clinic for the Spanish speaking population in north Alameda County
- Chronic illness prevention and disease management: participation in various programs including Consortium- wide diabetes collaborative through which blood sugar levels have declined among diabetes patients
- Dental clinic: featuring comprehensive dental services
- Optical: offering optometry, ophthalmology and other eye services
To visit the website for La Clinica, go to www.laclinica.org