West Oakland Health’s mission is to improve the health and socioeconomic status of the Bay Area’s Black and low-income communities by providing the highest quality health care and human services. We strive to be a health, well-being, connection, and inspiration hub.
- Five service sites located throughout Oakland and Berkeley
- Medi-Cal (including Alameda Alliance for Health and Anthem Blue Cross managed care), Medicare, private insurance, and private pay accepted. Sliding fees adjusted by family income and family size
In addition to primary care for children and adults, behavioral health, optometry, and dental, West Oakland Health also provides:
- Pediatric dental
- Oral surgery
- Cardiology (coming soon!)
- Substance use disorder treatment program
- Retail pharmacy
- Hepatitis C testing and treatment
- COVID testing, vaccination, and treatment*
*COVID treatment is available only primary care patients or patients who do not have an assigned primary care provider elsewhere
- Benefits Enrollment: enrollment in programs such as CalFRESH, Medi-Cal, and Covered California
- Food Farmacy: free vegetables, fruit and staples given out monthly
- CalWORKS Case Management: provides case management support to CalWORKS recipients with mental health and substance use disorder
- WIC Program: nutritional support for pregnant women and young children
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Program: promote and support women in obtaining timely breast and cervical cancer screening and treatment
- Community Outreach: increase individual and community awareness about programs and services
- Community Health Workers: deliver services to close health disparities and gaps in care
West Oakland Health is proud to partner with a variety of community organizations to enhance the services available to our communities.
- Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) accreditation
- Services are accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
To learn more about West Oakland Health, click HERE.